Sunday, March 27, 2011

Two Paintings Today

A rainy day today, with mist and fog - bruine and brouillard, as they call it here, not to mention 'brume'. The 'br' words mean it's wet out there. In this painting I tried to capture the haziness of everything, with just the white blossoms on the nearby tree having any definition at all. The houses in the background, at the trees line, were barely visible, looking soft-edged and mysterious. I love days like this. For painting, anyway. Painting from indoors,. that is!







This is a tiny painting, 10cm x 10cm (4"x 4"). I started it after finishing the previous one, and I like it a lot more. These horizon-line paintings are my obsession, my love, because they are more about color and texture than about the subject.

2 comments:

  1. I like the second one better too. You're getting rather abstract, but there's still a tie to the landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. That's my favorite corner of the painting universe. But there's still something that attracts me to the less abstract, swirly-paint, more representational style as well. Unfocused? Moi? ;-)

    ReplyDelete