Friday, March 25, 2011

A New Day Every Day

Each morning, when I'm on my way to paint, I find myself wondering just how I will find something interesting enough to paint. It's the same view day after day, after all. And each day something catches my eye almost immediately. today it was those blossoming trees. There are more hints of white in the hedge, and a surprisingly orange tree behind them. It could be that this tree is an oak that still hasn't lost it leaves from last year, and the morning sun gives them a translucent backlit glow. The colors in this painting are actually quite different from those in the photo. Usually, I can manipulate the photo enough to make the colors look close to the actual painting, but with this one it just doesn't work. The colors are softer, cooler - much better looking! I took the photo in full sun, which is always chancy. If I get a chance, I'll replace it with a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment